Letter from British Columbia Teacher to BC Premier Christy Clark goies viral.


Just when you thought that pay issues were purely isolated in the United States, Canada also is also stuck in a major dispute in British Columbia.  Much of her complaints can be echoed here in the States.  Of interest is the following:  

Do I need a raise? Yes, I truly do. I believe I deserve the 18% you gave your administration, but I’d be happy with keeping up with the cost of living. 4 straight years of 0% is catching up with me. 2 more years of 0% just might break me. Everything is going up, and my paycheque is actually getting smaller. That just doesn’t seem right to me. I just don't understand why I don't deserve the cost of living.
Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Letter+from+teacher+Christy+Clark+goes+viral/9876692/story.html#ixzz32vyZKiCz
Sound familiar?

Comments

Popular Posts